Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Puppy Chow

Welcome to Tasty Tuesdays!
 
I was gone last week on vacation and now this week am in the process of moving!  Things are pretty crazy at the moment.  Hope to fill you all in once I have a chance and hope to get back to regular blog posting as well!
 
I am re-posting an old family favorite recipe. We usually only make this in the summer - it's our go to beach snack.  If you haven't tried it, you're going to want to - this stuff is good!.
 

Ingredients:
- 9 cups Crispix (You could also use Wheat Chex or Corn Chex but I think Crispix is the best)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (one 11.5 oz. pkg.)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
.First, measure cereal and put into large bowl. Set aside.
 
.Next, in a microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until the mixture can be stirred smooth.
 
.
Stir in vanilla.
.

Pour mixture over cereal and stir until evenly mixed. This part is a little messy and you need to be careful not to crush the cereal when stirring.
 

Pour into 2-gallon resealable Ziploc bag. Add powdered sugar and shake bag until well coated.
Spread out on wax paper or parchment paper until cool.
 















Enjoy! Be careful though, this is extremely addicting!
.
 
What did you cook this week?
 
Party Rules:
1.  Add a link to the post you are linking up back to this post
OR
2.  Add the Tasty Tuesday button to the post you are linking up.  Thanks!
 
 

19 comments:

  1. I hope the moving process goes smoothly, Alissa! Thank you for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some muddy buddies/puppy chow! Good luck with everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Puppy Chow looks like a great treat. Hope you are having a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Puppy Chow really caught my attention and I have to tell you why. We have always made Puppy Chow since my kids were tiny. My youngest son is in college now and he's taking Public Speaking. They had to make a Pinterest board and present it to the class...it is supposed to represent things they like. Well he had Puppy Chow on his food board. The other students had no idea what it was! They actually asked him if it was dog food. A few days later we made several batches of it and sent a baggy full for everyone in the class. They loved it!

    Now we have to make No Bake Cookies because he says they don't know what that is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alissa, Thanks for hosting! Puppy Chow looks great, enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That puppy chow looks dangerously delicious!

    This week I’ve shared two posts, one for a recipe for pumpkin spiced butternut squash dip and spread, and a post on 8 ways to use wrinkly, spotty old peppers.

    I’ve also started a new link-up on my blog (Poor and Gluten Free) called Waste Not Want Not for sharing recipes and ideas for using up scraps of food, fabric, old recycled things, etc and welcome everyone to stop by, share or just check it out and find something useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, this looks right up my alley but can't get Crispix here in Ireland. I wonder what would an alternative be???
    J
    http://www.lifelovesand.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puppy Chow is like crack! I'm not sure what makes it so addictive, but I have made so many variations, we all love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Puppy Chow is awesome! We love it here at our house.
    Thanks for hosting. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the move! I love setting everything up. The moving, not soo much.

    I love puppy chow. It's dangerously good. =) Thanks for sharing and for hosting. Have a great week!

    ~ Catie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to make these. Target sells these at Christmas time and I cannot wait to make these myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I posted a moist and delicious pumpkin spice muffin recipe that is grain free!
    http://www.homemademommy.net/2012/10/pumpkin-spice-muffins-grain-free.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for hosting. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! I could easily eat my weight in puppy chow... so good!

    http://123more.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alissa-Thanks for hosting. I just saw to eggplant recipes that look super. I am going to take a look. I hope that you will come join my cookie exchange when you get a chance. http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/2012-cookie-exchange-cookies-and-memories/

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, new follower here! Your puppy chow looks soooo good. Will have to make that soon :)

    I linked up a post on crock pot sweet potato chili. Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I always love puppy chow, but it's something I never think to make.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love puppy chow! It's been forever since I've made it so thanks for the reminder :)

    You're moving?! Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment - each & every one makes me happy.

I respond to your questions via email. If you leave a question in a comment, please make sure to leave your email address in your comment or that it is linked to your account. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!

 

© 2009-2014 33 Shades of Green. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas

09 10